Background

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Visit with TRay

About two months ago I began working with the Home bound Ministry at our church. I was assigned to a sweet man at an Alzheimer home, TRay. The first time I visited, I didn't know if I was going to enjoy it much since he doesn't really talk and I felt awkward. Well, the next time I took the kids with me. They livened his spirits. He still doesn't talk, but he smiles and nods his head. We always bring him goodies, either cookies, trail mix, or dried apricots. It is so much fun to go and let the kids give his goodies and hug him.

Will has gotten to the point at night I will say, what do you want mommy to sing you and he says, "TRay." Well, I had to make up a song about TRay, I never can remember what it is that I made up, so every night I sing something new about how wonderful TRay is.

We usually try to visit a couple times a month and this month we have already gone twice. The kids just love going. Each time we go we make more and more friends, see more and more smiles, and get more and more hugs.

I am so thankful for this experience of getting to see my children love on these people, even if they don't remember us next week...it brings joy to my heart.

My kids don't sit well for long periods of time...today they both crawled up in the same chair and watched an old western movie with a few of the people. It was just such a wonderful sight!

Well, until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment