Background

Thursday, September 15, 2011

don't be too proud to seek help

Today I was reading my devotion and it really made me think of some people this could possibly help.  In the devotion, she was talking about a pattern in those who suffered trauma as a child (death of a parent, close loved one; physical, sexual or emotional abuse; or witnessing a horror, etc).  She goes on to say that those who have experienced these tend to feel more stressed and have more anxiety as parents....especially when their oldest child approaches the age that was most traumatic in their own lives.  She explained that some parents tend to be so controlling from their own insecurities that when/if their child rebels it can actually put their children at a higher risk.

Ephesians 4:27 says, "Do not give the devil a foothold."

She explained, when you don't deal with the issues of your past, you give Satan space to work.  She urges in the devotion that if you suffered trauma as a child, seek professional help before your oldest child is anywhere close to the age you were when the trauma happened to you. 

Isaiah 57:12-14 says, Now I will expose your so-called good deeds.  None of them will help you.  Let's see if your idols can save you when you cry to them for help.  Why, a puff of wind can knock them down!  If you just breathe on them, they fall over!  But whoever trusts in me will inherit the land and possess my holy mountain."  God says, "Rebuild the road! Clear away the rocks and stones so my people can return from captivity."

~I have no clue what you have been through or going through, all I can say is Jesus is waiting...do not continue to live in captivityWith Jesus you are free, free indeed! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment