Background

Friday, April 13, 2012

The secret to a joyful, victorious life...

I love my devotional, Jesus Calling By Sarah Young! I have to share mine from today...it really spoke to me on how sometimes...it's okay to stay put!

WHEN I GIVE YOU no special guidance, stay where you. Concentrate on doing your everyday tasks in awareness of My Presence with you. The joy of My Presence will shine in you, as you do everything for Me. Thus you invited Me into every aspect of your life. Through collaborating with Me in all things, you allow My Life to merge with yours. This is the secret not only of joyful living but also of victorious living. I designed you to depend on Me moment by moment, recognizing that apart from Me you can do nothing.

Be thankful for quiet days, when nothing special seems to be happening. Instead of being bored by the lack of action, use times of routine to seek My Face. Although this is an invisible transaction, it speaks volumes in spiritual realms. Moreover, you are richly  blessed when you walk trustingly with Me through the routines of your day.

I do not write this to be a crutch for those of you who may be hearing God nudge you to do something but you just don't want to...I write this because I am the type of person where I'm like oohh I should go to Africa and do mission work, we should go here or there, I'm extreme when it comes to that...and I have had really wonderful God-fearing friends (and my sweet husband) who remind me, "Shawna, God is using you here! You don't have to be extreme all the time....God is asking you to serve in  your 'everyday tasks.'" 

Also, I don't find myself having many days where I find myself bored...but I need to remind myself to stay put sometimes too.

Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.   Colossians 3:23

“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.  John 15:5

Search for the Lord and for his strength; continually seek him.  Psalm 105:4 

No comments:

Post a Comment