Background

Monday, October 22, 2012

Don't hold too tight...

Have you ever fallen...I mean like hard! Have you ever thought you had it all in control and just all together? Let me tell you...I have and when it was taken from me I hit rock bottom. It was a tough blow! My mom once said it's when you let your pride get in the way there will be a fall to come shortly...she was right!!  Three years later from this particular instance I can say I am a better person from my fall. I am thankful God took all I knew (at the time) away. I will even say in the midst of it, even though it really hurt, I remember being prayerful and having peace it would all work out...and it has.

Jesus Calling is such an incredible book, there is always something you can apply to your life. Yesterday's was one of those I know it's true, but ouch...and thanks for reminding me ones...

"The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord. *Remember all good things--your possessions, your family and friends, your health and your abilities, your time--are gifts from Me. Instead of feeling entitled to all these blessings, respond to them with gratitude. Be prepared to let go of anything I take from you, but never let go of My hand!"

Psalm 139:23-24 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.     (What a powerful prayer...be ready to be convicted though)

1 Peter 5:6 So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.      (In our microwavable society we want it NOW...God doesn't work that way. We are living out His movie and we can only handle one snapshot at a time. His timing is perfect--ALWAYS!)

We live in a society where many feel entitled to all and then some. Don't let the world and worldly desires creep up on you. Remember what my mama said...with pride comes a fall!  Don't hold too tight to the things of the world.  Remember He can take it all away.

Job 1:21  He said, “I came naked from my mother’s womb, and I will be naked when I leave.  The Lord gave me what I had, and the Lord has taken it away.  Praise the name of the Lord!”  (If you have never read the book of Job...do so! You will be blown away!)


I encourage you to constantly communicate with God and let him know how thankful you are for your loved ones, your health, your job, your car, the tires on your car, your home, your comfy bed, the yummy food you will put in your mouth...We are so beyond blessed. It is so easy to think of the mess in our life or focus on the negative...today (and everyday) try to thank Him in the midst of ALL your circumstances, you will be blessed!   1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 Never stop praying.  Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.   Ephesians 5:20 And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Proverbs 19:21 You can make many plans, but the Lord's purpose will prevail.

Proverbs 16:9 We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.

Consistent, isn't He!


1Peter 5:7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.   2 Corinthians 1:9 ...stop relying on yourself and rely on God...   James 1:2 Dear brothers and sisters,[a] when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.

2 Corinthians 12:9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.


Psalm 34:19 The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time.

John 13:33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”


2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you his peace at all times and in every situation. The Lord be with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment