Background

Saturday, February 9, 2013

I'd still love you if...

Walking and talking with my girl...

A great friend of mine gave me the genius idea of 14 days of Valentines...for Daron and each of the kids I have given them a small little gift each day to show them my love and appreciation. The kids have really latched on and look forward to the next days gift.

As Faith and I were on our walk this morning she said, "Are you giving us a gift today?" When she asked I realized I had forgotten to give them something yesterday--oops! I immediately apologized and said I loved her anyways...my bad...

She looked at me and said, "Mom, you don't have to give me gifts to make me know you love me, or to make me love you. I would love you if you didn't give me anything! I will love you no matter what.  I'd still love you even if we were poor!"

Ahaha my precious one! I explained that I would love her no matter what as well.  It's not about the gifts it's about innocent, pure love.

When I told Daron, he was like...did she ask for an iPad again? LOL...We will still want things, but at least we know our love is NOT conditional!

Titus 3:4-5
But--"When God our Savior revealed his kindness and love, he saved us not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy.  He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit.

Romans 12:9-10
Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment