Background

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sin vs Holiness

This morning Faith joined me for a walk/run. I informed her that it would be a long one, she said she was up for it. As we began our morning venture I told her we would do whatever she felt good with...when you want to run, I will run, when you need to walk, I will walk, and we did just that.  Might I add her run is more like my sprint :/ but that's neither here nor there :)

We were a little over half way into our 3.8 mile venture when the trail split into two. One half was asphalt and the other half was crushed gravel. We had been talking about all kinds of stuff. After a few moments of silence, she said, "This is a lot like sin and holiness..." I said, "What is?" (At this point she was walking on the paved part and I was walking on the gravel) She said, "THiS, pointing to the asphalt, is like sin...it's bumpy, cracks all in it, dirty looking...and THaT, pointing to the gravel I was on, is like holiness...you know, pure." 

For a brief moment I felt as though the World stopped turning. My 8 year-old gets it...For us to be randomly walking and her make such a connections. It was a learning experience for me. I am thankful for Awana that she attends each week that engages and encourages her to learn more about Jesus and memorize scripture. It has helped Daron and I memorize scripture as well as we help her learn it.

After a brief moment of soaking it all in, I looked over at her and told her how amazing she is and how I proud I am of her.  She smirked at me and started running on the asphalt and said, "I'm gonna be a bad girl for now and run on sin...I'm kidding, I'm kidding, I'm not a bad girl, but the rocks on the gravel keep getting stuck in my shoe so I'm going to stay on this side." :)  I pray fervently that she will continue to live on this path of righteousness and will not turn from it (Proverbs 22: 6)

I think we will take these walks way more often now.  It was such an awesome feeling to have that one-on-one alone time with her. Her smile, her glowing blonde hair blowing in the wind, her beautiful eyes glistening at me...moments like these I latch on to and never want to let go of. I am so blessed to be her mommy!

~Be Blessed~

No comments:

Post a Comment