Background

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Brazos Bend Gator Run 1/2 Relay

My neighbor, Robin and I have been running since April.  We signed up for the San Anotonio 1/2 Marathon coming up on November 13th.  Today we ran a practice race at Brazos Bend State Park.

We decided I would run the 1st 1/2 and Robin would run the 2nd.  When we started it was still very dark outside and we were running on trails that said, "Cautious Alligators do not feed or approach"  UMMM....I wont don't either of those, but don't mistake me for food either Mr. Gator!  This race was small and apparently I'm slow....I ran my little heart  out making sure I could see someone, at least until the sun came up!

Robin and me before the race--it was DARK!

This was about a mile into the race--still DARK

ahhh, a glimpse of light

Now that it's light I can't see anyone because of the fog--sure was pretty though

Yep...that bump in the water closest to me is a gator

I did it! I survived the wild...lol!

Just what I love to see on my morning runs!

That's my girl finishing strong!

We did it!!
3 weeks til the 1/2!

No comments:

Post a Comment