Background

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Jesus' Birthday

I'll be the first to admit this time of year is very exciting to me and I love to get my "Christmas" shopping out of the way. Not, because I don't enjoy the holiday, but because I don't enjoy crowds...

This morning Faith was looking at our calendar on the fridge and yelled with joy, "It's almost Jesus' birthday!!" It was then I was reminded that through the hustle and bustle of this season, I need to really focus on the REASON for the season.

It's so great how God brings our young children to speak to us and remind of the importance of life. Take time to listen to your kids today...I'm not always good at this because we have to get the laundry done, clean the house, wash the dishes, prepare meals, and the list goes on and on as we say, "in just a minute" to our children. I'm challenging myself to play with my kids on a more, non-distracted schedule today.

Be blessed...

No comments:

Post a Comment