Background

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Seasons

A couple of weeks ago in Sunday School, we were challenged with the question of "What season are you in?" Our leader further explained that "Spring" was a good and happy time, "Summer" everything is good, calm, relaxed, every thing's good, "Fall" winds are picking up, things are changing, busy, busy, and "Winter" things are gloomy, dark, possibly just not a good time...Then we were asked if in these different seasons if we seek God more or less (like more in the Winter, less in the Summer...) We were also told that seasons can change by day, week, month, etc...

Well, when I answered this two weeks ago I was in Fall. Things were in a whirlwind. Daron had been offered another job, we were potentially moving, and were fervently seeking God and wisdom during this time.

This morning as I was out on a morning run, yet a lot of walking due to my drive this morning...I thought about the seasons again. I turned off my iPod and really thought about it. From two weeks ago I went to Spring last week, to Winter the past two days. I began evaluating my time with God...when I was in the Fall and Spring I was in constant communication with God...then on Monday I was presented with a potential opportunity that just ruffled my World. It would potentially be a good opportunity, yet I was happy with what I was already doing.

I realized this morning, after ulcers in my mouth, headaches, and lack of sleep that I have been worrying about something that really doesn't even matter yet...and most of all, I have taken the most important factor out--GOD!

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." Philippians 4:6

"Pray in the Spirit at ALL times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere." Ephesians 6:18

So, what season are you in?? Are you seeking God?

No comments:

Post a Comment