Background

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Shy

Tonight I was laying in bed with Faith and we were talking about her field trip tomorrow to Dewberry Farms. I am very excited to not be working this year and be able to have the opportunity to go with her. Lucky for me Will has a field trip there tomorrow as well with our MOPS group.

Anyhow, she asked me if I was going, I said, "Yes." She said, "Well, how do you know for sure?" I said, "Well, that's what my plans are, I have already paid, and unless something really bad happens, Will and Mommy will be there." I said, however, I'm not sure if daddy will be able to make it (He had originally planned on it, but he may not be able to take off now, so he may not get to go). She said, well that's okay if daddy can't come...I kind of don't want him to. She said, I really want you to, I like it when you come better.

For me this was a huge shock! You don't understand, Faith is a daddy's girl and would prefer him over me almost any day. So, this made me happy except I felt a little bad she didn't want daddy to go.

I said, "Well, why don't you?" She said, "It just makes me shy when he comes." I said, "Well why is that?" She said, "Well, he is the only dad that ever comes, so it just makes me feel shy."

Once she explained herself it really made me feel good. Daron is such a wonderful dad. He leaves work right on time on Thursday in order to see 30-45 minutes of her soccer game and then rushes to his Bible study, he doesn't want to miss any of the kid's games, he is always there for them and I am so thankful that I have a husband who will watch the kids because he is "dad" and not a "babysitter." I am so thankful Faith is a little shy of her daddy, it makes me feel good he is striving to be involved in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment