Background

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Pops

Last Friday, June 10th, was my father-n-law's (Pop's) birthday.  For those of you who don't know he passed away in April 2009 from COPD.  We like to talk about him all the time with our kids and keep his memory's alive.  We love that our kiddos can recall stories about him and we can laugh through our sadness.

Several weeks ago, Faith asked if she could make Pops a card for his birthday then put it in a balloon and send it to heaven.  We thought this was such a thoughtful and wonderful idea. Here are some pictures of how we celebrated Pop's life:


"I love you Pops and really  miss you."

Letter rolled up in a yellow balloon--Pop's favorite color

Singing "Happy Birthday to Pop's..."

ready to release 'em

They asked to watch them 'til they couldn't see them anymore



 We will always remember you Dad/Daddy Steve/Pops! We love you VERY much!
His death is a reminder to me of how fragile life is and how much I need to do all I can to take care of my health.  Live with no regrets!


No comments:

Post a Comment