Background

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My perfect love

Gentle reminder of how I should be looking at myself and where I should be putting my energy. Devotion from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young:


I want you to experienced the riches of your salvation: the Joy of being loved constantly and perfectly. You make a practice of judging yourself, based on how you look or behave or feel. If you like what you see in the mirror, you feel a bit more worthy of My Love. When things are going smoothly and your performance seems adequate, you find it easier to believe you are My beloved child. When you feel discourage, you tend to look inward so you can correct whatever is wrong.

Instead of trying to "fix: yourself, fix your gaze on Me, the Lover of your soul. Rather than using your energy to judge yourself, redirect it to praising Me. Remember that I see you clothed in My righteousness, radiant in My perfect Love.
So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus. God saved you by h is grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God.
Ephesians 2:7-8

And so, dear brothers and sisters who belong to God and are partners with those called to heaven, think carefully about this Jesus whom we declare to be God's messenger and High Priest.
Hebrews 3:1

Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces.
Psalm 34:5

Today, remember you are a child of God and He LOVES YOU!





No comments:

Post a Comment