Background

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Relax in MY company

I know I often times blog from this devotional I read from, but what I want to make clear is that you know it is written as Jesus Himself is talking...it's very powerful today and SO what I needed to hear. Devotion from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young:

Rest in MY presence when you need refreshment.  Resting is not necessarily idleness, as people often perceive it.  When you relax in My company, you are demonstrating trust in Me. Trust is a rich word, laden with meaning and direction for your life.  I want you to lean on, trust, and be confident in Me.  When you lean on me for support, I delight in your trusting confidence.

Many people turn away from Me when they are exhausted.  They associate me with duty and diligence, so they try to hide from My Presence when they need a break from work.  How this saddens Me! As I spoke through My prophet Isaiah: In returning to Me and resting in Me you shall be saved; in quietness and trust shall be your strength.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5

This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: "Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength.  But you would have non of it."
Isaiah 30:15

As Americans we definitely perceive "resting" as lazy, Jesus is saying, rest in ME and the ONLY in resting in Him will I be saved! Powerful!  I don't purposely turn when I'm exhausted, but I do notice often times, it's an area where I can tend to neglect when I am tired.  I need to remind myself, 'quietness and confidence is my strength!'

No comments:

Post a Comment