Background

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Marathon Training

I wrote this post 7 weeks ago and for some reason it never published...

Life is like a marathon...'Most' people don't just wake up one morning and go run 26.2 miles without any training. It takes time! Several months of training with peaks and valleys and sometimes even injury.  Our walk with Christ is the same way. We don't just wake up, say I'm a Christian and know every detail of our life from that point on. God has blessed us with night and day and only 24 hours in each day because he knows it is all we can handle. He wants us to train with him for a lifetime. He desperately wants us to grasp his hand and follow each and every footstep he makes. He will protect us, he will guide us and although there may be 'injuries' along the way, He is right there to pick us up.

This  may have been a cheesy analogy, but as most of you know I am training for my first full marathon. This is quiet the feat considering I don't love running...lol and it's just plain hard! As I was stretching after my run this morning God laid this on my heart and I felt I should share it.

I pray you have a blessed day. Don't stop yet...we are NOT to the finish line yet! When it gets tough, keep on pushing through knowing there's something so sweet at the end.

Be blessed

What I didn't know 7 weeks ago was that I would need to read this today! Four weeks ago I injured my lower back (herniated disc) I have since been going to therapy three times a week and many times being very negative, cranky and discouraged. My training has come to a hault...although I previously said "I don't love running" I even more don't like not being able to do what I had my mind set on doing. The past four weeks I have come to terms that life is not about me, my plans or my timing...it's all about HIS! I need to remind myself of what He revealed to me 7 weeks ago "He will protect us, he will guide us and although there may be 'injuries' along the way, He is right there to pick us up."

My daily verses I must repeat every time I have a negative thought about my 'situation' are:

Philippians 4:8 Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

Isaiah 40:31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

Matthew 7:7 Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.

2 Corinthians 12:8-9  (God put a thorn in Paul's flesh so he wouldn't be proud)...Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, "My grace is all you need." My power works best in weakness. So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

~Be Blessed!




No comments:

Post a Comment