Background

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Eight years...

Reminiscing...I feel very blessed to have married my best friend 8 years ago! I'm posting some old pictures from the beginning, our fairy tale wedding, and the additions :)

As Faith would sing...
"Mommy and Daddy, sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G
First comes love,
then comes marriage,
then comes baby
in a baby...ewww, don't kiss"


First comes love...
Outside of Bluebell Creameries in Rockport in 2000

Prom 2001

Then comes marriage...



can't believe Bentley is about to be 10...

Feel so blessed to say I keep in touch with all my bridesmaids, still...
Melissa, Shaneece, Kay, Fallon, Kate, and Jule's

V6

Sisters


awww, sweet brother....

Just what I expected :)





Daron's Mom and Step-Dad

Daron's Dad and Step-Mom


Brotha's

Sweet little Hayden, can't believe how big he is now either :(



Daron looks like he may faint



Papa, Nannie, Me, Daron, Meme, and Poppy
All my grandparents!



Sweltering in 112 degrees on our fabulous wedding day...

Fishies for the kids to take home...


Our cakes were so good! I would love to have a slice today!


Papa always said he would be at my wedding with cow bells on...there he was!


My sweet daddy had a country song-writer write a song and he had him come perform



Off to our romantic honeymoon in Maui!

 
Then comes babies in the baby carriage...









We celebrated our 8 year anniversary at quiet Karl's at the Riverbend.  It was a nice quiet evening with good food and conversation.  At the end of our meal they brought us a dessert on the house and took this picture of us...not the best picture of the two of us, but the most recent.


The past eight years of marriage has most definitely had it's ups and downs but those ups and downs are what has made our marriage what it is.  I am thankful for having a husband who will continually work on our marriage and communicate with me.  I am so blessed and thankful to call him my husband and best friend. 

Here's to many more years of health and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment