Background

Friday, August 26, 2011

I love what kids say!

I love the things kids say and I don't want to forget them! I have a hard time trying to remember to get their baby books out daily,so I decided the best way to do that is to record them on my blog...so if they are stupid to you...just skip to the next or don't read :)

~Peace and Blessings...

This has been Will's first week back at school in two years.  He has been really funny...he tells me everyday when I pick him up that he went on a motorcycle ride, but not to worry because he wore a helmet...that he rides in a firetruck everyday....Last night I asked him to go in further detail...like what color his helmet is.  He went into this lavish story how he wears all blue, a blue helmet, and blue clothes, and the motorcycle is blue....my favorite part of the story though is how he pronounces blue--B'Lewwww :) He continued on to say that when he goes in the firetruck he wears red and green...I am not positive educationally what they are learning, but I do know for fact he is learning how to use his imagination! :)

Another thing I love is how kids pronounce different things incorrectly when they are small.  This really bothers one of my husband's friends, but I think it's super cute...therefore, I usually don't correct it.  The fact of the matter is, the older they get, they will learn how to say it right and then that will just mean they are growing up :( I will say this, if it's grammatical and not just pronouncing something wrong, I do usually correct them on that...just so they aren't screwed up in school, but pronunciation is funny....So, one of the things Will has always said wrong is popcorn...he's always called it cockcorn...I have no idea why, but it's one of those things I think is cute and have never corrected...well, the other night we're putting kids to bed and WIll is telling Daron how he had a friend over and they ate 'cockcorn'....Daron was like, "whoa whoa whoa son....it's POPcorn...can you say POP, POP"....lol...and I said, "babe, he'll learn how to say it the right way sooner or later, I think it's cute"....and Will said, "Pop." Daron said, "yeah, POPcorn." Then Will said, "yeah popcorn." I know this sounds silly...I do want my him to know how to say things correctly, but it's just so cute, kinda made me sad when he said it right...lol

When I picked Will up from school yesterday he said, "mom, my 'not' friend scratched me today". I said who? he said, "the girl that's not my friend..."

Then on the way to school this morning Will was telling me that sometimes he gets scared at school (this made me sad--at first) I asked him what makes him said.  He said, "the sharks in the ocean..." I said, "Well, there's no ocean at school, so I think you are safe..."  He said, "Yes there is...it's right across the street.  You want to go with me sometime?" I said, "Well, sure, I'd love to...I had no idea we had a beach in Richmond..."  He said, "Well it's locked, so we'll have to get a key."  ....Once again.....he's learning to use that imagination of his! :) silly boy!

Faith is in first grade now and she has been insistent that she use an alarm clock and wake up ON-HER-OWN!  So, we had it set for Tuesday morning, but I'm not sure if it didn't go off or she hit it and went back to sleep, so I went in there and woke her up...then Wednesday morning Daron went in...then Wednesday night she gave us a lecture that she is a big girl and wants to wake up ALL on her own! She said she didn't care, so we made SURE it was set, made sure she knew how to turn it off....as usual I got back from working out about 10 minutes before her alarm clock was supposed to sound...so I just sat in my room and waited, 6:15.....ehhhehhhhehhhhehhhehhhehhhehhhehhehh.....talk about a LOUD, ANNOYING alarm clock....I waited patiently for her to turn it off for about a minute...went to her room, sleeping beauty had not budged, so I decided to hit snooze, after all, she's a big girl and can do this on her 'own'....so then I went back out and waited for it to sound again, once again let it buzz for about a minute....walked back into her room she was burrowed under the covers....I said, "Honey, you going to turn off your alarm clock?" She said, "OH MY GOSH!!! It's SO loud and SO annnnnooooyyyyyiiiiinnnnnnnggggggggggg!!!  ughhhhhhhhHH!!!"   LOL!!  So, I turned it off she got up and got ready...needless to say, she didn't bother asking me to turn her alarm clock on last night.  I guess she would like to go back to mommy coming in, gently rubbing her back, kissing her sweat cheeks, and whispering, "It's time to get up precious," which was what I did this morning again.

Faith: "Dear God, thank you for this day, thank you for my health, PLEASE let Madelyn, and 'the kids' be at Nana's...I don't care if Aunt Fallon and Uncle Jason can't make it...just PLEASE let the kids be there!! Thank you, I love you, Amen." 
(sorry Fallon and Jason...I just thought this was precious--can't wait to see yall!)
-I have known my sister and kids were coming in town for a while now, but I have refused to tell my kids in the event of something changing I just didn't want them to be crushed....They know we are going to Nana and Pa's this weekend and every time we go they ask if Madelyn, Haley, Bentley and Brannan will be there and our answer is always the same....we don't think so :) So, this was Faith's prayer last night....precious and I can NOT wait to see the looks on my kid's faces when they see their cousins tomorrow!!!

I love my kids so much and want to cherish these little memories...store them in a lock box somewhere because I know in a blink of an eye they will be all grown up.  I am so thankful God has blessed me beyond measure with such a fabulous family.  My goal in life is to continually strive to be a Godly spouse, mother, daughter, sibling, and aunt and that they will KNOW without a shadow of doubt I LOVED THEM....

1 comment: