Background

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Fresh start...new day



This morning I woke up feeling much more refreshed. Will was still asleep after I saw Faith off to school and Daron off to work so instead of crawling back in bed (like I wanted to) I decided to stay up and open the Bible. I'm sure glad I did. He promises us a fresh start each day-Praise God! I needed a new start and didn't want it to go in the same direction as yesterday.

Sing the praises of the Lord, you his faithful people;
praise his holy name.
For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may stay for the night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Psalm 30:4-5

When Will woke up, I greeted him with a smile, big hug, and a kiss. As though nothing had happened yesterday. After all, that's what God does to us. We snuggled up on the couch and watched Mickey Mouse. Then we got dressed to meet a friend for a walk in the park.

The weather is brisk and cool, with clear blue skies...absolutely beautiful! I strapped Will in his stroller and my friend and I walked over 2.5 miles just talking. It was so nice to fellowship with another believer and be encouraged--just what I needed!

After our walk we stopped at the park to let the kids play. With a big grin on his face, Will looked at me and said, "Let's play tag." I did-then bear hunt (like hide-n-seek), slid down the slides, climbed bars...I was playing with my son and letting my youth take hold--it felt great! Well, I must admit, I got a little winded with all this chasing so I plopped down on the lawn and laid down. When I looked up I saw beautiful fall foliage...it was as though the leaves were dancing in the air. I called for Will, "Honey, come here and lay by me for a minute." And for a brief moment he and I laid there. It is moments like these that make you forget all the gunk from the day before.

Our God is magnificent in his creations. Have you taken the time today to go outside, look around, look up...take a fresh breath of air...ahhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment