Background

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Stretching...

When I workout I usually follow it up with a stretch, and when I don't I can tell. For instance some side-effects of not stretching are soreness, pain, lack of range of motion, etc...Stretching is similar to prayer and your walk with God. The days I wake up and talk to God, thank Him for what I have and ask for guidance for my future, desires, fears, etc. I feel a sense of peace, that extra dose of patience and compassion. However, when I go through a dry season and think I can do it all on my own and can handle it on my own with out consulting the Mighty King I find myself enduring a little "pain," a little extra fear, not as much peace, patience, and compassion...

Just like stretching, we need to stretch our relationship with our #1 Daddy! He's always there for us and ready to catch us. Speaking for myself, why do I "forget" to start my day with prayer and scripture when I KNOW it's going to make me have a better day?? I KNOW it will carry me through and help me be a better wife and mom...

The past few weeks in the hustle and bustle of "life" I have forgotten to include the ONE that makes it all happen. In turn I have had little peace about anything, lots of anxiety, headaches, and mass amounts of frustration. I am not saying you wont get headaches or anxious at times, but I know I would have been better off lifting my burdens rather than trying to carry them all on my own.

In Matthew 11:28, Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."

Exodus 18:18 You're going to wear yourself out--and the people, too. This job is too heavy a burden for you to handle all by yourself.

See Jesus really does want to take our burdens and lighten our loads! Take a moment to thank God for what you have and take your deepest desires to Him. He's been waiting for you to talk to Him today!

No comments:

Post a Comment