Background

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Protection

Daron's car has sounded like a bi-plane for the past few months.  Literally if you have talked to us lately when we have been in the car with, you totally know what I'm talk'n about.  Well, Daron thought it was just that the tires were worn.  Well, he was supposed to be taking a customer to lunch today, so, I offered to take it to get new tires yesterday.

I packed a bag of cars, tag book, and DS for Will and we set out on our mission.  We arrived at Discount Tire to begin our mission.  After waiting over an hour our car was ready.  I was SO excited to get in and hear silence...to my surprise as I pulled out of the parking lot I quickly realized the problem was not fixed...I was still in an airplane :( I u-turned it and went back. I went in and told Paul (our friendly Discount guy) that it was just as loud as when I brought it in.  Paul took it for a drive and when he came back he said he was no mechanic, but it sounded like the bearings were going out. 

So, I then headed over to our mechanic. While on my way there my brother called me and I told him what I was doing.  He informed me that if it was the bearings I better get somewhere quick because it was very dangerous...in my head I was thinking....We've been driving it like this for 3+ months, but I know my brother is very knowledgeable so I took him seriously. 

Once we got to the mechanics we waited for about an hour and 1/2 to find out that both front bearings were going out, front brakes were nearly non-existed, rotors were in really bad shape...so I immediately began praying that this would not be the biggest financial burden.  I have no idea how much this stuff costs, but it sounded like a lot! So, I set a price in my head and began asking God to PLEASE make it less then XXXX...Then I heard Ben say, "Mrs. Moulton, I'm ready for you..." I walked in there and he began running numbers with me, knowing that wanted the most for the least, I mean who doesn't...As I was listening to him, he came down on the price three times without me even saying a word--might I add several hundred dollars less that what I had prayed for.  He then put Will and me in a car and took us home. 

It had been a LONG day in waiting rooms with a 3 year-old, which I would like to add for the most part he was fabulous! By the time I got home I was exhausted, but I was just in time for Faith to get off the bus...so we did homework, dinner, baths, etc.  By the time I was ready to go to bed I was thinking to myself ugh, what a crappy day...My head was not in the right place, so I went to bed. 

This morning I woke up with a clearer conscious and realized how blessed we really are.  Daron drives this car 60+ miles a day everyday and there has been noise coming from the car for over 3 months.  We have been told if bearings get loud that the wheels could just come off.  I feel that we are incredibly blessed to have driven this car so long with bad bearings and have been safe. 

Praise Jesus for protecting us!


My God is my rock, in whom I find protection.  He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.  He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence. 
2 Samuel 22:3

God's way is perfect.  All the Lord's promises prove true.  He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.
2 Samuel 22:31

One last tid-bit I feel I should mention...When Faith started school in August we made it a routine where I would pray for her, her teacher, Daron, Will, and me on the way to school.  It would pretty much consist of the same words each day and the part for Daron would go something like this: "God we ask that you would help daddy have a great day.  We pray that you will help him to have a safe trip to and from work.  We ask that would put a shield of protection around him while he is driving.  And please help him to get off on time..."

The importance of me adding this is that I guess this around the time we thought we needed new tires, but we kept putting it off.  This is proof that God does answer prayers and specifically answered mine.

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment