Background

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WIPED

Lately I have been having issues with my cell phone connecting to my UMA which in turn has caused me to go over my minutes the past couple of months.  Since we knew it was no the internet provider Daron had me call T-Mobile.

So, Monday, I started my day with a large dose of Customer Service.  Literally, I was off and on the phone with T-Mobile's customer service for almost 4 hours straight! Now, if you know me, my track record with customer service providers is not awesome...I don't technical issues and I sure don't like 'waiting' to get them fixed :)

Well, as I took out batteries, rebooted systems, numerous dropped calls, and endless steps to try to get everything to work correctly I was shocked and the kindness these customer service providers had.  Each one I talked to had respect and patience while we worked out the kinks. 

Needless to say, NONE of these steps worked.  Finally at their last string they said, well we hate to do this, but we realize whatever is going on IS in fact a phone issue and none of these steps are resolving your issue so we are going to now go through the process of "wiping" your phone.  They informed me that it would clear any information I may already have and to beaware of that.

So, I wiped the phone and it began to work properly.  At last, it was fixed. 

Where am I going with this....well, I want to tie it in with emotions and relationships.  We all have friends and family that we have conflict with .  We say or do things that are hurtful and we don't mean, but once they are out there you can NEVER take it back.

I am one that can get my feelings hurt easily. I'm sensitive and emotional (yes, I know, some of you are like, huh?? But, it's true!) I don't like conflict and I like everyone to like me.  This is me...it always has been.  I am one to apologize fast and even if it really wasn't my fault just so there wont be friction.

So, let me tie these two together.  As I was thinking how my phone was wiped and I lost all my memory.  I was thinking, gosh, that would be SO nice if we had a "wipe" button on us.  So we could just wipe away our bad memories, things people have said and done to us that have hurt and visa/versa, where others can do the same thing too. 

Unfortunatly we don't have this luxury so make it your goal to start paying attention to what you say, what you do, and how you handle situations.  Be sensitive to those around you. We all have feelings and whether you are a tough skinned elephant or a sensitive skinned rabbit like myself we can still get hurt. 

You remember the old saying:  "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." This saying is far from the truth.  Words are sharper than any two-edged sword.  We really need to watch what we say.

I thought this was interesting, according to Psychiatrist Antonio Wood, “When you speak ill of someone, you alienate yourself from that person. The more negative your comments, the more distant you will feel from the object. Say bad things about many people and your words will separate you from them.”

I am going to leave you with several scriptures to meditate on.  This will always be a continued self-help process, but if we all become more aware of those around us and thing before we speak...I am certain our relationships will grow stronger from it.  Be blessed.

Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble.  Proverbs 21:23

I tell you, on the day of judgement people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.  Matthew 12:36-37

There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.  Proverbs 12:18

If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worhtless.  James 1:26  (OUCH)

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.  Ephesians 4:29

I will guard my ways, that I may not sin with my tongue; I will guard my mouth with a muzzle, so long as the wicked are in my presence.  Psalm 39:1

So put away all malice and all deceit and hyprocrisy and envy and all slander.  1 Peter 2:1

But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother willbe liable to judgement; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever sayd, 'You fool!' will be liable to the hell of fire.  Matthew 5:22

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discernin the thoughts and intentions of the heart.  Hebrews 4:12 

A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit.  Proverbs 15:4

For Whoever desires to love lide and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit.  1 Peter 3:10

No comments:

Post a Comment